Saturday 21 November 2009

Matching MPA skills to PLTS

I have spent a little time trying to match up commonalities between PLTS headings and MPA skills. I still find the MPA headings a little vague so have used the nRich site to help. They have a great mapping document which shows how all of their rich tasks tie in with MPA processes and with maths content. In their processes map they expand a little on the MPA phrases, see my other post for the link to the MPA map that I have now updated to include their expanded phrases. I have now made a document in Word which takes the six PLTS headings, breaks them down by using the information from the DfES site (how maths can help deliver the PLTS) and then allocates each of the expanded MPA skills to one of these areas. I hope that you will see that the PLTS and MPA skills are largely aiming at the same development in student ability and that by helping students improve in these areas that they will be better learners as well as better mathematicians. The Word document is in the usual place: http://www.wiltshire-ast.co.uk/media/maths-documents/index.php

No comments: